Guide to Prevent Condensation in Your Metal Buildings
20 Feb 15 - 08:41
A poorly maintained roof certainly can leak, but in metal buildings water dripping is usually caused by condensation. It can form on the walls too. It occurs when there’s more moisture in the air than it can hold. When the moisture reaches its saturation point, then the water droplets form. Surface moisture and ceiling drips are caused when warm air comes in contact with the walls or rooflines of your metal buildings. High interior humidity is another reason of condensation, which can be caused by your heating and air conditioning system, improper construction techniques, gas and oil-fired heaters or even from human respiration.
Problems Caused by Condensation
- Corrosion, which shortens the life your building.
- Reduces the quality of insulation used in your metal carport building.
- Mildew and mold growth, which causes unpleasant odor and health risks like allergies and asthma.
- Insect infestations
How to Fight Condensation?
- Maintain the indoor humidity level between 30-50%
- Insulate your building properly. Use a good vinyl-backed insulation on the roofs and walls of your metal buildings to prevent the contact between the warm humid air and the cool dry metal panels.
- Ensure proper ventilation for your metal building, where air is able to circulate properly. Use fans to increase the evaporation inside the building.
- Vent oil and gas heaters directly to the outside.
- Add ceilings vents to your metal building which enables warm air to escape.
- Increase your lighting fixtures.
- Also use a dehumidifier or run your AC compressor.
Beside from all these, always buy metal buildings which come with vapor barrier and corrosion-free insulation. At Metal Carport Depot, we supply metal buildings in any size and shape as per your request. Our buildings are fully certified and come with every feature that prevents condensation. To order, call 1-800-324-5315.